hostapd forking and enhancements

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Jan 12 11:08:48 PST 2003

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 02:45:17PM -0500, Sergio M. Ammirata wrote:

> Here is another PAP radius capture using -s 512. I think this time it
> has all the data.

Thanks (and also thanks to Brian for Cisco 350 packet dumps).

> As far as using a standard 802.11 encoding instead of PAP, I don't
> particularly have a preference as long as we can use it quickly :)
> As you can see on the captures it is extremely simple to implement PAP
> ... And on the server side you can leverage the user name lists already
> available in radius servers to hold the station MAC addresses.

I added support for this to hostapd. Station MAC address is used both as
User-Name and User-Password. Default ASCII format for the address
matches with the one used by Cisco 350 (no delimiters between address
octets). If needed, this can be changed in hostapd/radius.h
(RADIUS_ADDR_FORMAT). I have tested RADIUS-based 802.11 authentication
successfully with FreeRADIUS. Please let me know, if there are any
problems with other RADIUS servers.