Klogd PS Mode buffer error

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Jan 7 19:19:52 PST 2003

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 11:02:48AM -0600, Michael Shuler wrote:

> Any idea what this means? ....ignore the date, my clock is wrong on my
> AP.
>
> Apr 28 16:59:01 (none) user.debug klogd: wlan0: No more space in STA
> (00:02:2d:3f:fe:ea)'s PS mode buffer

It means that the maximum number of buffered frames was reached for the
indicated station. The default value for this is 32. That station was
using power saving mode and AP started to buffer all TX frames (to be
delivered when the station polls for them). The station may have left
the range of the AP and there are still frames sent to it from previous
connections. That could also happen if there is a burst of more than 32
frames for the station. In addition, there could be a bug in the driver
that would leave traffic indication flag off in the beacons and the
station would not poll for the frames due to this.