OT: Bad Performance with Senao NL-2511CD ?

Martin Polak martin.polak
Tue Jan 7 09:28:55 PST 2003

Hi!

I recently bought a
Senao NL-2511CD PLUST EXT2 as a replacement for my

netgear MA401 (which i had fitted an external antenna connector before)
to get better radio performance on my HostAP-Box.
Kernel: 2.4.19, hostap-2002-10-12

the new card is now attached to the same antenna as the old card before.
And instead of getting better performance from the 23dbm card, I get
less SNR and weaker connections than from the old 15dbm card. I even
tried to pull-up txpower, using iwconfig but nothing would help.
The card inits fine, using STA 1.4.9 and even loads 1.5.6 perfectly.

Does any of you have a suggestion, what I am doing wrong?

Martin

p.s.:
I am using only 1 of the two antenna connectors and the only other
difference to the previous setup is, that there now is an
N-female-Nfemale coupling in between the pigtail and the antenna-cable.