Compile problem on 2.4.20

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Jan 6 18:23:28 PST 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 03:24:47PM -0800, Dave wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone might know why PRISM2_HOSTAPD would not be defined
> in hostap_wlan.h?

It is supposed to be defined only from hostap_config.h or Makefile..

> When compiling the modules hostap_cs.c hits assoc_ap_addr being undefined
> and cannot continue.

That's a bug I introduced on Saturday.. It is now fixed in CVS.

> I assume that that define should only be used when building the hostapd app
> and something should change when building hostap as part of the
> kernel...yes?

Yes, PRISM2_HOSTAPD should be defined when compiling driver for
hostapd-use. assoc_ap_addr is only supported with hostapd, so it should
not have been refered at all without this definition.

> Anyway, I just defined it and got it built just fine...just a heads up..

That would also mean that you would need to use hostapd for management
functionality..