BasicRate of WiFi test.

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Feb 18 19:34:50 PST 2003

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 01:06:10PM +0900, Tanaka wrote:

> We desire to obtain WiFi certification, AP mode of hastap.
> If the test item of WiFi(Wi-Fi System Interoperability
> Test Plan ver1.1a file) is investigated,
> I think that the test item which needs to change a setup
> of BasicRate(1,2 or all) exists.

Well, at least you need to be able to set it somehow for the tests.
One way to do is to compile two different versions of the driver for
different basic rates ;-). I would agree that this is not exactly ideal
solution. I will probably add a better method for this at some point.
Anyway, you can also use 'iwpriv wlan0 set_rid_word 64691 <val>' to set
it even with the current driver. This does not survive card resetting,
but should be enough for most tests. <val> is bit-map of basic data
rates (bit0=1 Mbps, bit1=2 Mbps, bit2=5.5 Mbps, bit3=11 Mbps; i.e.,
value 3 configures 1,2 and value 15 1,2,5.5,11). You will need to
disable/enable port0 to take the changed value into use ('iwpriv wlan0
reset 2').