HELP: my wireless card consumes too much CPU

Christian Zoffoli merlin
Mon Feb 3 04:33:04 PST 2003

Hi to all.
I've a big problem trying to stream a 1000kbps stream on my wireless
network.
I've two machines using hostap (the first one in Master mode and the
second one in managed mode). When I start the videolan server (VLS) on
the machine acting as an AP the CPU of the client machine has an
occupation between 40-75% (VIA EPIA 800) ...without starting the
videolan client (VLC) !.

How could I lower the CPU occupation on the client side ?
the cards are two SENAO SL-2511CD PLUS EXT2 with two PCMCIA-PCI adapters
(Ricoh based).

Thanks,
Christian