DWL-520E (works!)

Ryan Verner xfesty
Tue Dec 30 23:41:11 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 16:58, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> 8B2B is SIOCGIWENCODE. In other words, something is trying to read WEP
> key configuration from the driver, but this program seems to have a bug
> (invalid buffer passed for SIOCGIWENCODE). This could be a wireless
> status tool, etc.

Indeed, I find I get this with the wireless-tools in Debian stable,
along with a later hostap.  Building my own package with the latest
sources makes it go away.

Guess it's even easier for you on slack, just get and compile :-)

linux.conf.au 2004 - Adelaide, Australia
             http://lca2004.linux.org.au/

"Don't go, and you'll regret it!"