hostap on Senao 2511 wireless cards

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Aug 2 12:49:18 PDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 12:36:25PM -0500, Evan Harris wrote:

> While we've been running wlan-ng for quite a while in other machines, after
> I had problems setting up hostap in the new machine, I tried the wlan-ng
> stuff on the same machine/same PCI card just to test it wasn't a problem
> with the pci bridge.  Wlan-ng loads and initializes the card just fine using
> the bridge, but hostap gives all those errors.

Could you please send the 'dmesg' output of a successful linux-wlan-ng
initialization for comparison. The log entries you send of hostap_cs
indicated that interrupt delivery was not working. The card had set
CmdCompl event and this was not masked, but the driver still did not
receive interrupt. Usually this is caused by invalid pcmcia-cs
configuration, but since you have it working with another driver, this
seems to be something else.