hostap on Senao 2511 wireless cards

Evan Harris eharris
Sat Aug 2 10:36:25 PDT 2003

While we've been running wlan-ng for quite a while in other machines, after
I had problems setting up hostap in the new machine, I tried the wlan-ng
stuff on the same machine/same PCI card just to test it wasn't a problem
with the pci bridge.  Wlan-ng loads and initializes the card just fine using
the bridge, but hostap gives all those errors.  I tried changing the port
and interrupt being used with pcmcia-cs in case that might be the cause, all
to no effect.  wlan-ng still works, and hostap doesn't.

The PCMCIA card and PCI bridge card are the same ones that NetGate sells,
and they had a direct link to the hostap stuff, which made me think it was
supported.  Unfortunately, doesn't seem to work here, or I've got a config
issue that I can't find.

If there's any other output that would be more helpful, please let me know,
and I will provide it.

Evan