Discontinuation of Linux 2.2.x and old wireless extensions support

gARetH baBB hick.hostap
Tue Apr 15 08:30:11 PDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:

> 	No, here is the deal : if enough people prove to me that they
> have tested this patch on their 2.2.X system (and report eventual
> bugs), I'll push the patch to Alan Cox for inclusion in 2.2.26.

Well, I've upgraded everything here - things were getting out of date
anyway.

So it's running 2.2.25 with your patch, latest CVS hostap, latest wireless
tools (25), latest pcmcia-cs (3.2.24).

Which is quite a step from 2.2.19 using hostap-2002-09-12 ...

The only issue was hostap's driver/modules/ now contains a Makefile which
overwrote the pcmcia-cs modules Makefile when I blindly cped.

Otherwise it went fine, which is quite disconcerting for the large(ish)
steps in so many key components.

Even my STA rrdtool stats thing is happy with it.

I'll peruse all the new hostap options for tweaking fun, though I'm unsure
how the wireless extensions are going to play a big part - that box is a
plain AP, not even WDS - though iwpriv means settings are done slightly
differently.

But it's all in.

Anything you specifically want me to try ?

[shame it didn't cure the network problems (large network "stutters") I
have when I use a 100M card in the machine, ah well, a 10M card is ok for
now ...]