kernel NULL pointer dereference with hostap_cs

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Apr 11 19:09:58 PDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 11:30:18AM +0530, Jeetendra Kumar wrote:

> I am using US Robotics IEEE 802.11b PC-CARD. When I start the cardmgr I
> get the following message
>
> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000010
> printing eip:
> c0230baa

Could you please run that error message through ksymoops to decode the
numerical addresses into symbol names. Without this information or
having access to your kernel symbol map, it is quite difficult to guess
what caused that problem.

> wlan0: LinkStatus=2 (Disconnected)
> wlan0: hfa384x_get_rid - RID len mismatch: rid=0xfd42, len=40 (expected 6)
> wlan0: could not read CURRENTBSSID after LinkStatus event

These are probably unrelated issues, but apparently there is something
corrupting some of the card accesses.