HostAp installing problem on Redhat 8 custom kernel

Akash Malhotra akash
Tue Apr 8 11:59:29 PDT 2003

Hi

I am new user. I am using REDHAT 8 (kernel 2.4.18-14). I made a custom
kernel, then installed pcmcia-cs 3.2.4 latest downloadable software. I
installed it and everything went on smoothly. Then I tried installling
hostap-0.0.1.I did make pccard and then make pccard_install.

I cheked my make file also it was pointing towards /usr/src/linux same as
my custom kernel build.

Now when i plug in my card Ornioco Gold card I get two beep first one
is loudeer and the other is just audible.

I didnt get any interface when I did ifconfig -a

Am I doing anything wrong. Any help is appreciated.

The mesage from my /var/log/messages are like this( after I plug in my
card)

executing modprobe orinoco_cs

orinoco_cs Card Services release doesnot match
/lib/modules/2.4.18-14custom/pcmcia/orinoco_cs.o : init_module: Invalid
Argument

/lib/modules/2.4.18-14custom/pcmcia/orinoco_cs.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.18-14custom/pcmcia/orinoco_cs.o Failed

/lib/modules/2.4.18-14custom/pcmcia/orinoco_cs.o:unreseolved symbol
alloc_orinocodev_Rsmp_8ca3e787

And many more:::

Thanks

-Akash