Problem with setting bit rate & getting infm abt other APs.

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Apr 7 19:34:19 PDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 05:26:10PM +0530, Peyush Agarwal wrote:

> 1. Trying to set the 'Bit Rate' using the command "iwpriv <intf-name> rate
> <rate-to-set>M". It executes, but the rate of the wireless interface doesn't
> changes.

I'm assuming that you mean 'iwconfig iface rate' command, not iwpriv.
This changed only the set of rates that are used in TX rate control. I
fixed it now to also change the advertised SuppRates element in beacon
frames. In addition, I added new prism2_param 'basic_rates' for
configuring the basic rate set. Both of these changes are available in
the CVS repository.

> 2. I've enabled the 'other_ap_policy' to accept ALL beacons. But
> "/proc/net/hostap/<device>/ap" doesn't provide any information about other
> APs in range!

Which version of station firmware are you using? I have seen at least
v1.4.9 not passing beacon frames to the host system when in Host AP
mode. This would explain such the behavior you have seen.