Problem with setting bit rate & getting infm abt other APs.

Peyush Agarwal peyush
Mon Apr 7 04:56:10 PDT 2003

Hello,

I am using the latest version of hostap (v0.0.1) and facing the below
problems:

1. Trying to set the 'Bit Rate' using the command "iwpriv <intf-name> rate
<rate-to-set>M". It executes, but the rate of the wireless interface doesn't
changes.

2. I've enabled the 'other_ap_policy' to accept ALL beacons. But
"/proc/net/hostap/<device>/ap" doesn't provide any information about other
APs in range!

Any probable reason as to why 1 & 2 are failing ?

Thanks.
Regds.
Peyush.