Measuring Handoff time transition

Victor Aleo victor.aleo
Tue Oct 29 02:47:15 PST 2002

Hi,

I am trying to measure the handoff time transition in WLAN network with
2 APs and 1 station. The problem I have is that when I force the handoff
(executing "iwconfig wlan# kickmac ieee_mac_address_sta") I think the
station tries to reassociate again with the same AP. Because of this, I
do not allow the station to authenticate again with the same AP (by
means of the ACL). But I still think this is not working because when
the MAC layer handoff is produced there is an interruption of the
communications of several seconds (from 1 to 3 seconds) and this is not
permissible (typically handoff within WLAN networks should not be higher
than 100 ms).

How can I avoid that the STA will request the reassociation with the
same AP?

I have running for both the APs and the stations the Prism2-2002-05-1
driver version.

Thanks a lot,

Victor