Card works - Was: Re: D-Link DWL-520 hangs machine.

Sam Tilders wireless
Wed Oct 16 07:16:42 PDT 2002

I updated the machine to mandrake 9.0 and thus kernel 2.4.19. The machine no
longer hangs when i "modprobe hostap_pci".

Side note: I tried the prism2_pci driver in this new install as well, it fails
when it tries to load the pcmcia card services...

Did have some issues with modprobe though. Using "modprobe hostap_pci"
fails... but using insmod to load the modules one at a time works fine. (Yes
I did run "depmod -a" first).

so "modprobe hostap_pci" fails with "init module: No such device"
but
"insmod hostap_crypt; insmod hostap; insmod hostap_pci"
works fine.

It now shows in ifconfig and the wireless tools can read the parameters.
--
-- Sam