Association Problem with cvs snapshot version of Hostap .

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu Nov 21 07:45:10 PST 2002

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 03:54:32PM +0530, Manjunathan PY wrote:

> Association fails between HostAP(AP) and HostAP(Client)!

I have seen similar problems with one card. The station did not seem to
send anything out, but just kept reporting association failed errors.
However, I have not yet had enough time to debug this further. I have
usually been able to get the station associated by doing a reset on the
station host (i.e., not changing anything in the AP) with 'iwpriv wlan0
reset 2' or 'iwpriv wlan0 reset 0'. Does that help in your case? Have
you tested the same station a non-HostAP access point?

> Below given is the output of the command "dmesg" on RedHat 7.2 with kernel
> 2.5.27, wireless extensions v11 (pcmcia-3.1.34) with D-Link DWL 650 pccard
> with firmware version 1.3.5 on both AP and client

Could you please send the dmesg output from the AP running the latest
CVS snapshot of Host AP driver? After the TX callback addition, the
driver should report both the incoming auth frame and the ack frame.

> Does this have anything to do with firmware bug ? or
> Do I have to upgrade wireless extensions from v11 to v15

I'm not sure about firmware, but I would guess that it is either
driver or firmware. Wireless extensions or wireless tools version should
not affect this. I will need to take a closer look at this at some
point. Anyway, station functionality in the Host AP driver is not
exactly the top priority for me (although, I use it in testing the AP
functionality, so it should work at least to some degree ;-).