hostap w/ 2.4.20rc3 and cyrix chip

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Dec 2 19:03:54 PST 2002

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 01:13:01PM -0800, Owen Shoemaker wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone had experience running the hostap code on
> cyrix.  Everytime I try and load the module or run hostapd I get
> "undefined symbol" and "_mmx_memcp" errors.

What kind of kernel are you using? Have you compiled it yourself? Are
you sure your kernel .config file matches with the running kernel?
_mmx_memcpy is defined only if you have CONFIG_X86_USE_3DNOW defined and
this will be the case if you have selected MK7 or MCYRIXIII as the
processor type.

It would look like your kernel would be compiled with different
processor type than the Host AP module. You would need to have matching
.config when compiling Host AP driver. It might be enough to change the
processor type to something else to get that working, but compiling
kernel and Host AP driver with the same .config would be even better.