Tx problem

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Dec 2 06:40:20 PST 2002

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 11:07:58AM +0100, Victor Aleo wrote:

> I have a problem when the AP sends a "Disassociation" frame to a
> station. It happens sometimes that the station resets by itself. This is
> the output from the driver:
>
> kernel: wlan1: prism2_tx - to BAP0 failed
> kernel: hostap_pci: wlan1: resetting card
> kernel: could not get TXEXC txframe
> kernel: hostap_pci: wlan1: resetting card

I have seen some TX failures with the latest code too; although mostly
on AP.

> where BAP stands for: Buffer Access Path (BAP). I really do not know
> what exactly is the problem. Do you think it is related with the
> firmware or with the Prism2 driver?

I would guess that it is the driver this time (or driver not able to
perform some workaround ;-). New TX/RX handling in tasklet may have
broken some locking etc. and that TXEXC frame might interrupt sending of
the new frame etc. They are using different BAPs, but at least with
hostap_pci there is a known hardware issue that should be worked around
when using both BAP0 and BAP1. I might eventually have to start using
only one BAP to get rid of these problems. I will be debugging this in
the near future..