wlan0 Interface seems to freeze.

Chincogan Network Services Lists lists
Mon Dec 2 07:12:59 PST 2002

Hi List,

I have a problem where my wlan0 interface seems to freeze, a dmesg shows pages and pages of this:
wlan0: prism2_tx: hw not ready - skipping
wlan0: prism2_tx: hw not ready - skipping

Doing a "iwpriv wlan0 reset 1" does nothing, to fix this I have to restart pcmcia. Sometimes this problem will leave us for a couple of days other times this will happen multiple times a day.

This afternoon I am going to change this card with a Dlink DWL-520 to see if that makes any difference.

My Setup:
Hostap 2002-10-12
Kernel 2.4.19
Pcmcia_cs 3.2.1
Compaq WL-200

Once I change the card I will not be using pcmcis_cs anymore as the DWL-520 is a PCI based prism 2.5 chipset.
Does anyone have any ideas why this could be happening? I hope it goes away with the new card because it is really starting to get annoying.

Thanks,
Aaron Daniels