get_iplayer Remux: Programme "already in history" error

Xander Squier xanda at gmx.co.uk
Thu Jan 7 15:26:53 EST 2021

Re-tagging individual files is straightforward; having to do it a dozen
times or more can be a bit much.

We found ourselves in this situation recently after a handful of TV
programmes failed to convert to MP4, leaving us with just the raw MPEG
files (we had set incorrect ffmpeg options).

We had hoped to resume from where it left-off: Convert the available
download to MP4 -> automatic tagging.

It seems however that custom ffmpeg settings push get_iplayer to skip
the tagging anyway, regardless of user options. If this isn't the case
then we'd be grateful to know otherwise.

Thanks.