Slow fetching

Chris Brady chrisjbrady at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 13:51:13 EDT 2020

There's been a general outage of the Internet all day in the UK. DNS
servers up and down like a yo-yo. Internet on and off. Sporadic
connections. Failed uploads / downloads. No Yahoo Mail. Websites at
.co.uk seem slow but OK. .com sites rarely complete. Sabotage? Maybe.
CJB

On 30/10/2020, Jim Lesurf <web at audiomisc.co.uk> wrote:
> This morning when I tried to fetch some items the download rate was much
> slower than usual. i.e. about a 1/10th what is normal. In effect, the
> result is 'real time'  - so a 30 min TV program takes, erm, about 30 mins
> to obtain rather than the usual 3 - 5 mins.
>
> I've tried again during day with much the same result. I was waiting to see
> if anyone else reported anything similar here, but so far that hasn't
> happened. So I'd like to check: Has anyone else started seeing this today?
>
> FWIW the reported stream lists as dvfhd1/bi. Not done any experiments yet
> in case it clears up. But will do tomorrow, so any feedback welcome.
>
> Jim
>
> --
> Electronics
> https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm
> Armstrong Audio  http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/Armstrong/armstrong.html
> biog http://jcgl.orpheusweb.co.uk/history/ups_and_downs.html
> Audio Misc  http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/index.html

MSc. (O.R.); BSc. (Ind Maths); Dip. Ed. (F.E.); Cert Mgt (O.U.)
Health & Safety Rep. - Unite (MSF/AMICUS) + Brit. Airways
Freelance Investigative Journalist - re:
Rogue Leasehold / Managing / Letting / Estate Agents