Still No Listings with PVR v3.06

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Sat Nov 4 17:18:23 PDT 2017

Hi Chris,

> > Right, so why doesn't searching for "everything" with the `^' regexp
> > as a second command achieve that listing of new programmes to
> > eyeball?
>
> Sorry - I'm not sure how to use "the `^' regexp as a second command"
> with the PVR. And I seldom use CLS.

Oh, I've never seen the GUI so can't advise specifically.  What I do
with the command line is perform a refresh of the TV cache as one run of
get_iplayer, and then do a second run that by default searches, but
with --since to limit the results to cache updates within the last N
hours, N can be fractional.  I search for `^' that's a regexp which
means "start of string" and naturally everything matches that.

RS mentioned programmes available rather than just been added to the
cache.  There's an --available-since option that I presume is similar to
--since but checks for programmes that have become available in the last
N hours.

So it depends if the GUI has check-boxes or similar that allow --since,
--available-since, and regexp searches.  It might be that the search
string is a regexp even if it doesn't explicitly say so.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy