News Quiz Extra pvr Download Failed

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Thu May 18 04:26:24 PDT 2017

On 18/05/17 00:47, RS wrote:
>> From: Budge Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 23:30
>
>> Found the pid and downloaded by pid and all went well as follows:-
>
>> alastair at ibmserver2:~> get_iplayer --pid p0530vlq --type=radio
>> --radiomode=better
>
> The PID for downloading the AAC/M4A file is b08qgx61.  I downloaded it
> using --radiomode=hlsaacstd at 40Mbit/s.
>
> p0530vlq is the PID for the podcast.  I think I saw in one of the
> get_iplayer release notes that podcasts were no longer supported.  You
> can download it at
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b010m2mj/episodes/downloads
> It gives you a choice of 128kbit/s and 64kbit/s.

Hi Richard,
Many thanks.
I usually get the pid by finding the programme using beeb website and
that is what I did last night, which gave me the podcast pid which I
used without further thought or examination.  I did notice however that
the "More Episodes" offering on the website last night was "confused,"
offering the incorrect series and episode numbers and other errors.

Today all is well and the website is as usual.  The wanted pid comes up
and I have downloaded it using --radiomode=better.  All OK except that
file sixe is slightly smaller than last night's effort (39.8 MiB vs 40.1
MiB).  Both used dafstd1 so no idea why different unless beeb use
different edit of master.

All this explains my getting the podcast not original last night but not
why the pvr didn't work.
More work required by me I fear.
Thanks again.