Issues with Large Files

Stuart Jarvis stuart.jarvis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 06:46:26 PST 2017

On 2017-01-10 14:24, artisticforge . wrote:
> While researching the cause it became apparent that the files were
> thousands of small chunks.
> I have found that running them through Handbrake "fixes" them.
>
> i do not see anything that get_iplayer may do to alleviate  the
> problem. this is a BBC issue.

Maybe related to DASH/HLS etc? (Aren't these now the defaults and us I
understand it use lots of tiny chunks to enable bit rate switching on
the fly if needed?) Perhaps forcing a non-DASH/HLS mode - one of the old
'flash' modes perhaps, if still available - could be a workaround?

Pure guesswork, might be totally wrong...

Stu