Why mp4 or mp4.ts from identical installation?

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Thu Feb 9 06:00:00 PST 2017

>From: Charles Bradshaw Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2017 1:23 PM

>To summarise: I copy the rtmpdump and ffmpeg commands from the Fedora
>traces and execute them on the CentOS command line. Simply using the
>original installed versions. I get a mp4.flv from rtmpdump and the expected
>mp4 from ffmpeg. Now the mp4 is back to the original (smaller) size.

>I conclude that the problem has nothing whatever to do with versions of
>ffmpeg or the missing AtomicParsley. To the contrary it it must be
>something to do with how get_iplayer evokes rtmpdump.

You won't get any support for Flash or rtmpdump.  They have been deprecated
for some months, and have been withdrawn in v2.98 of get_iplayer.

You don't say which version of get_iplayer you are using or which Flash mode
you are trying to receive.  If you have v2.95 or above you can use the HLS
modes.  If you have been receiving Flashhd, try tvmode=HLShd

You can find a table of modes available in v2.98 at
https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/modesref