No .xml - what is work-around?

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Fri Apr 28 10:25:45 PDT 2017

On 28/04/2017 15:32, Geoff Smith wrote:
> This was Vangelis's post the last time the problem arose (okay, I
> realise it's now permanent and Dinky is working an upgrade) :
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2017-March/010322.html
>
> Having used it successfully on Windows 7 I've tested it, using VMs, on
> Mint 17 & 18 and Windows 10. Apart from one programme which failed to
> download, it works as normal.
>
> Geoff Smith

Thanks for the reminder. I followed Vangelis' instructions and have
updated the radio and TV caches. Interestingly, the radio refresh seemed
to be at normal speed but it took me over 15 minutes to update the TV
cache despite the fact that there are many more radio entries than TV.

Also I'm finding that my download speeds for HLSHD have reduced
dramatically from around 70 Mbps to circa 20 Mbps. Still it gets the job
done!

Regards

Alan

---