BBC 3 goes off-air tonight.

Rochford, Steve s.rochford at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Feb 17 05:03:04 PST 2016

> And I wonder if the BBC 3 yoof market can be ar$ed to watch stuff 'live' too. Somehow with modern lives so ephemeral I doubt it.
> Massive FAIL for the Beeb. CJB

Surely the reason that BBC3 is going on-line only is because younger people don't watch live TV but they do watch stuff on tablets, phones etc at a time that suits them. It wouldn't surprise me to find that live audiences for some of the BBC3 programmes were vanishingly small but if you include the on-line audience then you get good numbers.

Steve