[OT] TOTPs not offered in HD (720p)

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Thu Dec 29 03:20:21 PST 2016

>From: Vangelis forthnet

>Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2016 01:50 Last January, I started the
>following list thread:

>http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2016-January/008577.html

I can't comment on TOTP since last time I watched it songs were accompanied
by dance routines by Pan's People, but your premise
"Both were broadcast on BBC OneHD, so in principal [principle?]
should've appeared also as HD on iPlayer"
is wrong.  The only time BBC One HD shows a blank screen is during the
regional news.  At all other times it shows source material at whatever
resolution is available.  There are lots of programmes, particularly outside
broadcasts, shown on BBC One HD and BBC Two HD which are not available in
720p.  Often the highest get_iplayer resolution is HVFvhigh, so I suspect a
similar limitation applies to the iPlayer.  On the other hand the broadcast
stream often includes an AC3 stream which is not included in the iPlayer
version.