[OT] TOTPs not offered in HD (720p)

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sun Jan 10 09:46:49 PST 2016

Hello...

Does any of you have a clue as to why
both "Top of the Pops" TV shows,

Xmas 2015:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06tlczm/top-of-the-pops-christmas-2015
New Year's Day 2016
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06t4pq8/top-of-the-pops-new-year

are not being available as HD on iPlayer (hence GiP) ?
Both were broadcast on BBC OneHD, so in principal
should've appeared also as HD on iPlayer
(...plus, if one searches torrent sites, one can find HDTV rips
even in the form of 1080i transport streams for both of them...).
 Incidentally, the iPlayer-only "Behind the scenes" clip:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03ccf0x
does come as HD (???).

 I distinctly recall in the past TOTP being available as 720p
on iPlayer, but starting with last year's (2014/2015) shows,
it was only SD - I thought at the time that something must have
gone awry during the HD encoding, but sadly I am seeing
this year a repetition of pattern... :-(
The "applies-to-all" easy answer would be "rights-related-issues",
but how those arose since only last year...?

Apologies for the slightly OT nature of my query...
V.