Help with Options with 2.96 Please

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 05:39:59 PDT 2016

On 23/08/16 09:47, RS wrote:
[snip]
> --output is the directory you want the recordings to go to.  As you have
> deleted the preference they will go to a default location (you'll have
> to ask a Linux user where), which is probably not what you want.
>
> Flash may be deprecated but it does not mean it has been withdrawn.
> Until the problem with HLS is identified and fixed, FlashHD is the only
> mode which will give you 1280x720 at 25fps.  You may wish to consider
> --tvmode=flashhd,hvfvhigh,flashvhigh,hvfhigh
>
> The default mode in v2.96 is hvfsd which is 960x540 at 50fps.

Hi Simon and Richard, many thanks for the info.
I have already put back the output directory.
I appreciate the guidance on video resolution. I am happy to revert to
flash for the time being and have put in your suggested tvmode.  Does
that mean I need rtmpdump too?
Finally, why is the v2.96 default 960x540 at 50fps? What are benefits?

Thanks again,
Budge.