[ANN] get_iplayer 2.96 released

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Sat Aug 20 00:58:04 PDT 2016

>From: dinkypumpkin
>Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 23:50

>Release notes:

>https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/release296

The release notes state, "Some users reporting problems with HLS streams
failed to distinguish between "Segment not found" errors (problems with the
BBC or its CDNs) and unrelated "Failed to download segment" errors (problems
with the BBC or its CDNs, upstream connectivity, your machine or all
three)."

Just to clarify, all the errors I have seen have been "Segment not found
errors" and it is those errors that Jim has asked the BBC to investigate.  I
don't think I have ever seen a "Failed to download segment" error.