Audio/Video Out of Sync

tellyaddict tellyaddict21 at gmx.co.uk
Sun Aug 14 06:36:13 PDT 2016

It could be that when a missing segment is found, the servers log it as an error. Then when they review things later, they go back and correct what's been flagged up. As you say it could also be reports from the BBC and users that causes Akamai to go back and fix it.

As for why things have got steadily worse, it could be that a lot of the content was processed in advance of broadcast so may have been processed while the system worked. Now that we are a month on, we might be hitting programmes that have largely been processed since the update (if that's what caused the problems in the first place).