Olympics Might be hvf Only

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Wed Aug 10 05:46:41 PDT 2016

From: Vangelis forthnet
Sent: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 11:35

>On Sat Aug 6 10:50:01 BST 2016, RS wrote:

>> As for downloading from the iPlayer, my experience has been that only the
>> main channels are put on iPlayer
>> and that red button streams are only available while the live event is
>> being shown on a red button channel.

> Not true (at least for current Olympics) - see below...

>> my main interest is equestrian events.

>... Then you should keep an eye on:

>http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00cmh3v
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b00cmh3v

>Download by pid (3 shows currently) or --pid=b00cmh3v --pid-recursive.
>specify --tvmode=hvfvhigh2

>(In my check, hvfvhigh2 CDN was faster than hvfvhigh1 - YMMV)

When I replied yesterday I said I thought I had seen the pages you referred
to.  I was wrong, and not having seen them is the root of my long-held
mistaken belief quoted above.  When I get programme information from the
iPlayer for one of the permanent channels, I usually refer to the Schedule
for the channel.  The programmes remain in the Schedule before and after
broadcast, and links to the catch up get added.  The Sport page is very
different.  There are obvious links to the live programme.  Those links
disappear when the live programme ends.  It is not at all obvious (to me
anyway) how to find the catch up, which is why I thought it didn't exist.

I don't know how you found the pages you referred me to.  I have now found
them by putting "olympic equestrian" into the search box on the Sport page.
I get a similar result with a different colour scheme by putting "olympic
equestrian" into the iPlayer search box.

I am very grateful to you for correcting my misunderstanding.

Best wishes
Richard