Olympics Might be hvf Only

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Tue Aug 9 07:46:22 PDT 2016

From: RS
Sent: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 13:39
> The reason the pid did not work for the live coverage so I had to use the
> url was that I entered the pid as p0424zwc instead of p0424zw4.

I think I can now shed some more light on this.  p0424zwc must have been the
code I got from right clicking the BBC player for live coverage.  I assumed
it was a pid.  Today it's p04259fy.  When I fed it in to get_iplayer I was
told
WARNING:  PID p04259fy does not refer to an iPlayer programme episode.
That was why I had to use the url which today is
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/olympics/36664493

It seems that for live coverage only the url can be used.  For catch up the
url or the pid can be used, but the pid will only exist once the episode has
been fully processed.