GiP-2.95-develop & list archives

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Thu Apr 7 17:13:46 PDT 2016

On Thu Apr 7 23:44:41 BST 2016, Paul Phillips wrote:

> Thanks Vangelis for the explanation.

 You are welcome, Paul.

> Worth noting, the conversion failed on the HVFHD file,
> but I was still able to play the ts file.
> (snip)
> [mp4 @ 031d3da0] pts (1800) < dts (3600) in stream 0
> av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid argument
> frame=    3 fps=0.0 q=-1.0 Lsize=      54kB time=00:00:00.02
> bitrate=22055.9kbits/s
> INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
> WARNING: Conversion failed - retaining
> E:\The_Voice_UK_Series_5_-_13._Live_Semi-Final_b076zcfh_original.partial.mp4.ts

... Not a surprise there, already covered in my original post:

>> plus some issues pertaining to
>> 1) older FFmpeg versions (<2.5), which do not
>> work with hvf streams,

 To be more precise, FFmpeg versions older than 2.5
not only cannot fetch the AppleHLS streams associated
with the "hvf" modes, but they are also incapable of
performing the lossless remux from the MPEG-TS
container to the MP4 one (for the hvfmodes only -
hlsmodes still work OK) !
 If you have the standard 2.94 install on Windows,
that one uses FFmpeg 2.2.3_x86 binary.
To end up with .mp4 files even in the case of hvf tvmodes,
you should upgrade your windows ffmpeg binary.
(you can download the latest point release, 3.0.1,
courtesy of zeranoe, i.e Kyle Schwarz, from following link:

https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/static/ffmpeg-3.0.1-win32-static.7z

unpack and use provided ffmpeg.exe (inside bin folder)
to in-place-update the GiP one - or you can point GiP to
the path of the new binary via the --ffmpeg option...)

Cheers,
Vangelis.