BBC iPlayer cracks down and blocks VPN users

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Oct 12 07:09:40 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 12:09:17PM +0100, CJB wrote:

> Also I do know that many friends are ex-pats living overseas in warmer
> climes over the British winter. They are all BBC licence fee payers.

There's nothing stopping them from running a private VPN end-point at
home, or running get_iplayer on a machine in the UK.

> They have now been cut off from accessing what they have already paid
> in advance for - use of iPlayer.

They're also cut off from accessing other things that they're paying for
too. How strange that they don't moan "I live on the Costa Del Fake Tan
for the winter but I still have to pay for my bins to be emptied at
home!"

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

  NANOG makes me want to unplug everything and hide under the bed
    -- brian d foy