UK and International radio 'qualities'

J prometheus at mailsorter.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Mar 3 08:26:25 PST 2015

I've never had a handle on the various "qualities" of radio download
available but have noticed references to sundry recent changes in
available streams and wondered if anyone would point me to a resource
that lists what's currently available to UK and to international
locations. Things seem to be in a state of flux at the moment but I
don't need a comprehensive list covering live, regional and so on - just
an overview of the main channels would be fine for my purposes.

I'm no longer in the UK so wasn't surprised to note from a recent
'invalid HLS playlist' warning that I'm now downloading the
international versions. The speech radio of R4 and R4X is my main focus
so flashaaclow1 suffices but I'd like to know in advance if the
occasional R3 file I may wish to download has an international 'quality'
noticeably lower than whatever is now available in the UK.

I guess I could check a selection of candidates individually and hope to
derive some sort of pattern from that but a generic start-point would be
handy.

Thanks.
Jon