mp4 chapter problem

Paul Brown paul at walnuts.co.uk
Sat Jan 31 04:39:24 PST 2015

I first used Linux get_iplayer last Oct. and after the BBC listing
failed I continued to download using the pid= option. Eventually I
updated to the latest version and found the automatic naming worked
fine. However I have now found that the newly downloaded mp4s do not
directly play video (sound is ok) on my provider's box usb input. It
complains that chaptering is not supported. Downloads play fine on my
laptop (VLC or Chrome) and can be htmi'd to my TV ok but I would
prefer to play them from USB stick without the laptop. This problem
only exists with the downloads from the latest version. Is there an
get_iplayer option to disable or remove the offending chapter marking?

Paul