BBC Dropping MP3 and garbled downloads ....

Christopher Woods christopher at custommade.org.uk
Tue Feb 17 12:43:25 PST 2015

Very curious... I've not noticed that myself, at least since (and this is a
fair while ago) I stopped downloading things with a very old version which
was stalling out mid download and causing a break in the file which was
audible on playback. I've not actually used GiP for the past five or six
months. (!)

For a while, the audio has been concurrently encoded for multiple formats
using cloud computing so there's no shortage of physical power available.
However that's not to say that there is a bug somewhere causing problems.

If anyone could provide PIDs, if they come across a programme with
glitching (like the RNG episode), that'd be incredibly useful.

(I've been unscientifically listening to a handful of things today and I'm
beginning to think there's a separate, low level problem with some or all
of the Audio Factory live streams which may - or may not - also be audible
in the on-demand versions, but I need to do lots more sleuthing to ensure
it's not just my brain tricking me)

Thanks
Chris