Help needed with BBC Collections Archive programmes

M Clark mclark at gmx.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 09:29:53 PST 2015

I pass this on purely as information and not as a criticism.

Unfortunately, whilst solving the multiple ver-pids problem, --playlist-metadata does not output title or episode information.

I am unsure whether the information is being overwritten or isn't being retrieved.

(It baffled me (my case pid p02gthsr) because all the required metadata is in the rdf & xml files, it is just when it stumbles over the multiple ver-pid problem and doesn't find the stream that it goes awry.)

Whilst pid b048s4tn doesn't need this switch, using it gives a file "Plants_-__b048s4tn_default.m4a" whilst not using it returns "Plants_From_Roots_to_Riches_-_1._A_Rose_by_Any_Other_Name_b048s4tn_default.m4a".

The version of get_iplayer used is the commit of 3rd Jan. (https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/commit/0f4188d878a313f5b9c3f29f1e2117c0402a84ee).

Further examples of where the switch is required to download the file are in the copy below.

Regards.