loss of podcast feeds?

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Thu Aug 13 15:49:38 PDT 2015

On Thu Aug 13 00:44:34 PDT 2015, I wrote:

> (Podcast functionality broken by BBC:)
> https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/issues/186
> created due to
> (podcast feed is not downloading:)
> https://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/thread-501.html

 It appears that someone at the beeb pushed the right switch back on!
The old podcast feeds once again redirect to the updated ones
(pid based), so GiP podcast functionality restored!
 I can't imagine, however, they'll keep these redirections for ever,
so my suggestions made in this thread do still have merit...
 In the longrun and as much as I like GiP, it'd be best to migrate
to a dedicated podcast client for your platform; dinkypumpkin
said it himself:
> get_iplayer is a very poor podcast client.

Regards,
V.