Problems downloading programs which are shown multiple times

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sun Apr 26 07:14:54 PDT 2015

On Wed Apr 22 20:17:12 BST 2015, Steve Rochford wrote:

> Apologies for a long post on my first email
> but I hope it's clear.

Welcome to the list, Steve :-)

> I can see that there are several occurrences of the programme
> - it's repeated multiple times in the week.
> It looks as if get-iplayer is getting the details for the last showing
> of the programme, which is in the future,
> but it has already been shown and is available for download.
> If I delete the tv.cache file and download using the PID,
> then it works fine

Your issue has been covered very recently
in the mail list archives:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2015-April/date.html

Read this thread:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2015-April/007520.html
(scroll down after each post and click the URL after "Next message").
Specifically read my explanation @
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2015-April/007525.html

TLDR (but you should've!):

It's a bug with v2.92 ONLY IF YOU USE THE FUTURE CACHE, i.e.
get_iplayer --type=tv,radio -f --refresh-future --force
Don't use the future cache with v2.92 - delete your radio.cache, tv.cache
files, remove the --refresh-future switch from your prefs - if it exists
there,
get_iplayer --prefs-del --refresh-future - and rebuild your cache with just:

get_iplayer --type=tv,radio -f  --force

> Is there an option to say
> "try and fetch even if it looks as if it's not yet been shown"
> or any other way to make it fetch programmes like this
> which are shown multiple times in a week?

If your cache files contain future entries due to using the
future cache with v2.92, add the --future switch to your
GiP download commands....

You can opt to manually update to GiP v2.93-dev
(develop branch) where the bug is fixed, if you still wish
to use the future cache - directions linked in my "explanation"
post in the archive mentioned above...

HTH !
Regards,
Vangelis