Problems downloading a programme

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Tue Sep 16 09:01:54 PDT 2014

On 15/09/2014 19:51, roadcone wrote:
> On 15/09/14 00:55, dinkypumpkin wrote:
>> On 15/09/2014 00:27, Alan Milewczyk wrote:
>>> WARNING: No programmes are available for this pid with version(s):
>>> default (available versions: audiodescribed,signed)"
>>
>> get_iplayer is telling you what's wrong.  This programme is available
>> only in audiodescribed or signed versions, which you have to request
>> specifically using --versions.
>>
> I've come across this problem where the program is a repeat (or a
> repeat of a repeat). Last week for me on a Melvyn Bragg history
> documentary.

Yes I've seen lots of programmes which are repeated on BBC Two in the
mornings that re signed. Odd thing is that this was not one of those
repeats, although I haven't checked to see what the production date was,
could be it's an old series already being repeated, but then the first
three in the series downloaded normally. Maybe just a coding error.

Alan