One case where PID does not work ( was A message from Auntie )

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Fri Oct 31 07:23:31 PDT 2014

"artisticforge ." <artisticforge at gmail.com> wrote:

>Cannot download because get_iplayer is determining that the program is
>not available because it has not yet been broadcast.
>
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/programmes/schedules/this_week
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04mbmzb

A few minutes ago I got a bbc server error trying to access that latter URL.

Still using v2.84, with various changes of my own, via a script which issued
a get command for me, I get a different error:

 INFO: Search args: ''
 INFO: Will try prog types: radio
 INFO: Loaded history for first check.
 INFO: Loading recordings history
 INFO: Programme not in history
 INFO: Got 2 file cache entries for radio
 ERROR: Programe Type '' does not exist. Try using --refresh

So... nothing about unavailability.  What do you get when you include

  --verbose

in your command?

The command that was executed here (spaced-out for legibility) was:

 "C:\StrawberryPerl_V5-16-2-1\perl\bin\perl.exe"
   "C:\My Dropbox\CLIpgms\get_iplayer_2-84_008_JN20141008.pl"
   --type=radio
   --profiledir "C:\My Dropbox\JN_GetiPlayerCachesEtc"
   --output "C:\GiP"
   --pid b04mbmzb
   --verbose
   --long
   --fatfilename
   --whitespace
   --rtmp-radio-opts "--timeout 95"
   --file-prefix "$GRAB-SN130-002357 R=<nameshort> -
     S<seriesnum> E<episodenum> - E=<episodetitle>
      F=<firstbcastdate> L=<lastbcastdate>"
   --aactomp3
   --no-tag
   --get ""

This form of command has worked for lots of previous fetches.

[I know the final '--get ""' looks odd but it's like that because of the way
the whole command was built as a standard fetch based on search criteria
which would normally have been between those quotes, omitted in this case,
because the --pid operand was coded as an override and appears earlier in
the command string.]

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.