podcast listings missing a digit

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Wed Oct 1 09:30:58 PDT 2014

Mark Rogers <mark at quarella.co.uk> wrote:

>On 1 October 2014 15:33, Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net> wrote:
>> I'm so used to Reply going to a sensible destination for all my other
emails

>There are two buttons: Reply and Reply All...

And in my email client, three buttons.  There's also one for 'reply to
mailing list or newsgroup' which I use here, because I've defined the
characteristics of this group as a mail-list within that client.

Here, it matters not what the headers in such an incoming post contain
(except so that the client knows that such a post IS one from this list).
Whether I wish to start a new thread or reply to an existing one, it's the
"send messages to this address" in the list's configuration that determines
what happens.

If I choose to use Reply or Reply To All, I would then need to eyeball the
To/CC fields to see whether what's about to happen is what I intended, but
using the Reply to NewsGroup/Maillist button works well, to the extent that
I simply don't see these problems that other people have...  On the other
hand, one does need to configure the client properly in the first place.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.