iplayer audio to lpcm

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Sat Nov 8 04:12:51 PST 2014

Jim Lesurf <jcgl at audiomisc.co.uk> wrote:

> One complication here I've already hit is that IIUC the xfce mint distro
> I'm using doesn't provide ffmpeg but avcodec (?) I've installed a local
> version of ffmpeg but am unsure of how avcodec may differ from this in
> ways that may affect what I have in mind. I'm used to ffmpeg, but not
> avcodec.

Something possibly relevant "avconv Used in Preference to ffmpeg Where
Available" changed in 2.83; see notes at:
https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/release283

and also changes in 2.87 "Important note re: obsolete FFmpeg versions":
(also for avconv) - see:
https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/release287

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.