get_iplayer - works at first... then doesn't

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Fri Nov 7 03:53:07 PST 2014

Jim Lesurf <jcgl at audiomisc.co.uk> wrote:

>I'm using command line and issuing commands like
>
>get_iplayer --type=radio --verbose --not-tag --pid b04lsjkv --o <outdir>
>
> in a terminal. The --no-tag avoids the fetch working but getting a
> complaint about inability to fetch some metadata to tag the results.

Is that "--not-tag" in your sample command a typo, or are you actually using
the incorrect option name?

You might find that get_iplayer is trying to do retagging because you've not
coded the "don't do it" option properly.

>get_iplayer v2.83, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis

It's pointless telling people what happens with 2.83; you need to tell us
what happens with 2.90.

> The distro version is 2.83. The one I tried in a user directory was 2.90
> obtained via git.

So post the relevant parts of its   --verbose   output instead.  Can you see
any difference between that for a working run and a subsequent non-working
one?

If you fetch the exact same programme both times, (you'll need to code
--force   on refetches) it'll be easier to compare.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.