Winter Olympics live stream recording

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 08:00:00 EST 2014

On 11/02/2014 12:21, Paul Phillips wrote:
> The newer method isn't always working I find today. Here's an example.
> C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>get_iplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/w
> inter-olympics/26034774 --modes=best --type=livetv --force

That page is structured differently for some reason.  For this case, go
back to the Firefox web console to discover the URL for the playlist, as
before.  You'll see something that looks like this:

http://playlists.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-olympics/25964222A/playlist.sxml

You don't need the hacked version of get_iplayer to use that playlist.
The HEAD version you've been using will work:

get_iplayer --modes=best --type=livetv
http://playlists.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-olympics/25964222A/playlist.sxml

The .sxml playlist URLs generally point to the associated highlight
clips and event guides, but this live stream uses one for some reason.
If you come across any more like this, post them and I'll have another look.