AOD availability time frame

Chris J Brady chrisjbrady at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 04:30:20 PDT 2014

To cap programmes whilst away you could set up a schedule on DAR.fm

CJB

 Subject: Re: AOD availability time frame
 To: "Vangelis forthnet" <northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr>, get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
 Date: Thursday, 7 August, 2014, 12:19

 AOD availability has for the moment
 been rolled back to 7 days (except for
 Proms programmes) whilst they work on the issues. I can
 understand why, I
 agree that it's a bit frustrating :)

 I think the perfect storm of problems made everyone extra
 cautious as they
 continue to work on the systems. Can't really blame them, it
 makes sense to
 revert to a previous good configuration, resolve problems
 then reintroduce...

 Chris

 On 6 August 2014 17:58:37 "Vangelis forthnet" <northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr>

 :

 > > I notice that the time for listening on iPlayer
 has now been extended to 4
 > > weeks.
 >
 > When I first read this, I thought it was a universal
 rule,
 > applying to all radio content from the beeb...
 >  I am mainly interested in Radio1 & Radio 2
 music shows, so
 > forgive me if the situation is different for speech
 oriented content
 > (e.g. Radio 4 & 4Xtra), but has this decision been
 REVOKED
 > or REVISED in any way?
 >  Take for instance the following radio shows:
 >
 > 1) The Official Chart (Radio 1):
 > http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wkgn/episodes/player
 >
 > 2) The Official Chart Update (Radio 1):
 > http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rl3xp/episodes/player
 >
 > 3) Pick of the Pops (Radio 2):
 > http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqx7/episodes/player
 >
 >  As you are able to see, shows from the previous
 week and from
 > over a forthnight ago have been made available for the
 stated 4 weeks,
 > however the recent shows have fallen back to the
 previous state of
 > being available for only 7 days after initial broadcast
 >  I am about to leave come next week for 10 days to
 a place without
 > internet access, so at first I thought I could catch up
 on my missed
 > radio content when back thanks to this extended
 availability period;